This blog is for all who desire to create with words and images.
You are encouraged to participate in any way that is meaningful to you.

~
All prompts beneath the photos are only suggestions.
You are free to use the photo to be inspired to write any way you desire.
~
There is no deadline on posting,
you may offer your writing to any prompt anytime.
~
Write and you are a writer.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Beach Scene

Photo by Marianna
~
Suggested prompt...
~
Stop and hear the ocean, feel the breeze, taste the salt air
now write as you are inspired.



___________________

He laid his head back on the sand again, momentarily resting his eyes, his mind, his torment. It had been two weeks, four days and several hours since he'd left. He was here now, on this island, on this sand, and that was his reality.

Nothing else mattered, for the moment. Not the life he'd left behind, not the office, nor the wife, nor the child. His child? Now he wasn't sure. Everything came spinning back again, and he squeezed his eyes shut. So hard he began to see colors.

The colors swirling behind his eyes blurred into one lumpy grey color. He opened them again, and found the ocean, lapping at his toes now, was the same shade of grey. His grey.

~
CDB

One week after the photo or picture is posted I will pick one offering to put beneath the image. This is a way of celebrating exceptional creativity. Any and all posts are available for your creative mind to make an offering at any time (even ones where a writing has been placed on the front page like this one). If you are new here and want to offer to every image here, feel free. We are writers, WRITE! If this is your exceptional writing posted here on the Front Page Pictures, Poetry & Prose invites you to include the Exceptional Writing Award Button on your blog. Visit the Exceptional Writing Award post for the details and the button to download.

12 comments:

Ana said...

I lay out my blanket on the sand and my beach umbrella, I am not here for a tan. I am here for peace and to renergize my "batteries". I lay on the blanket and look out toward the ocean, and hear the sound of the waves and see their ripples go up and down. I close my eyes and the breeze caresses my face. I take a deep breath and smell the salt air. I could stay here a while and feel like I am in another place. I can then go home and face another day.

septembermom said...

I'm new to the blogging world so I'm actively looking for blogs that shine with creativity and originality. What beautiful images! I'm glad that I found this blog!

CDB said...

He laid his head back on the sand again, momentarily resting his eyes, his mind, his torment. It had been two weeks, four days and several hours since he'd left. He was here now, on this island, on this sand, and that was his reality.

Nothing else mattered, for the moment. Not the life he'd left behind, not the office, nor the wife, nor the child. His child? Now he wasn't sure. Everything came spinning back again, and he squeezed his eyes shut. So hard he began to see colors.

The colors swirling behind his eyes blurred into one lumpy grey color. He opened them again, and found the ocean, lapping at his toes now, was the same shade of grey. His grey.

~ Denise ~ said...

The sun dipped behind a cloud for a moment and I welcomed the reprieve from the scorching rays that had been beating down on my outstretched body.

My ocean-kissed hair lay strewn among the sand as I dug my toes deep into the cooler layers of sand.

Purposefully, I took one deep breath in. And, then I exhaled slowly. Savoring the miracle of breath.

"A day off", I thought to myself. A much needed day off.

~ Denise ~ said...

@CDB - wow, that's great! Intriguing. ;)

Crazy Mo said...

I sit hugging my knees to my chest, breathing in the salty air.
I squish the sand between my toes, willing away my negativity.
I tilt my face to the sun and drink in the energy.
And thank the gods that I'm not at work!

New Yorker wannabes said...

I let the sun warm my thoughts and try to hear nothing but the calming sound coming from the waves. I think I hear them talking to me...I knew I was right to come here. After two days of hard work and test taking the ocean holds all the answers...but wait I think that there is a message written on the clouds for me..."be happy"...did you see it too?

Anonymous said...

Unto the ocean
I must return to thee
for he shall always beckon me
it’s my destiny

Heather said...

{This sand is hot, but it stings so good. It seems like it has been so long since my foot touched the warm sand.}

Lord, thank You for this. Only You know how much I needed to come here today.

{Look at those rippling waters, refreshing the air; cleaning the poison flowing around it.}

Lord, cleanse my soul as You've made the water able to cleanse the air above it.

{Those clouds look so fluffly, so warm and light.}

Lord, I long to feel like those clouds...sweep my soul away with You today.

~And then she felt His touch as the sunlight warmed her face and embraced her body.

Lord, this is so good.

SSQuo said...

Chute soars to the sky
Water beneath, fear escapes
Beauty bursts open

CDB said...

Thank you, thank you, Laura Jayne!
I had just started to feel the pang
Of fragility and doubt
So thank you,
Thank you for calling me out!

(Finding the button now!)

Darko said...

He let his head fell back onto hot white sand, warming his body and heating his soul. Eyes open wide to the tantalizing blue skies, skewed oddly with

intricate cloudscapes, body soothed by the sound of waves sliding along the shore line. Hints of tropical flowers met his nose, accompanied by the strong

scent of salt air, inspiring his very being, giving him reason to continue breathing, to continue living. To wake to this life that had taken so much from

him, seemed so easy now. A finger slid along his chin, and he smiled, tilting his head slightly to gaze into her sea-green eyes, to breath in the beauty at his side, his lover, his friend.

He turned back, and stared into the inviting skies once more, "What are we going to do now?" he asked, exhaling a breath caught in his throat by the recent

touch, as her touch had always took his breath away, even now. "Whatever we want." she replied, moving closer and stretching her arm across his exposed torso, kissing his side gently,

"Whatever we want." The gulls cried, echoing his supressed shouts of joy. And then, he knew, he was falling in love.