This blog is for all who desire to create with words and images.
You are encouraged to participate in any way that is meaningful to you.

~
All prompts beneath the photos are only suggestions.
You are free to use the photo to be inspired to write any way you desire.
~
There is no deadline on posting,
you may offer your writing to any prompt anytime.
~
Write and you are a writer.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

One Rose

Photo by Kane Hsieh
Visit his blog - Crimson-G-B
~
Suggested prompt...
~
Tell me the story of this man in this moment.
What happened before, what happens next?



________________________

"Ok so you got the rose...now what? I surprise her...go up to her and say something like 'this is for you'...no no 'for you' and give it to her. And then what...she is going to forgive you just like that? It is a rose for gods shakes! I should say 'I am sorry'...its honest, its sincere, she WILL have to hear me out then! Oh, I wish I was ten, riding my bike, again...then all I had to do is look somebody in the eye and they would forgive me just for being...ten!"

Without realising it...his is the next stop. He clumsily grabs the white rose, comes off the bus and replays the dialogue in his head. She is there, out in the garden, with her plants, wearing her big, silly hat...

"I'm sorry, mum! I know it's been a long time but...I' ve been busy and...this is for you..."

~
Marianna




One week after the photo or picture is posted I will pick one offering to put beneath the image. This is a way of celebrating exceptional creativity. Any and all posts are available for your creative mind to make an offering at any time (even ones where a writing has been placed on the front page like this one). If you are new here and want to offer to every image here, feel free. We are writers, WRITE! If this is your exceptional writing posted here on the Front Page Pictures, Poetry & Prose invites you to include the Exceptional Writing Award Button on your blog. Visit the
Exceptional Writing Award post for the details and the button to download.

8 comments:

Sacha van Straten said...

I shall tell you everything.
The colours of my life
And the contrasts of my being.
All of this I will give to you
In the silence of my meditation.

New Yorker wannabes said...

"Ok so you got the rose...now what? I surprise her...go up to her and say something like 'this is for you'...no no 'for you' and give it to her. And then what...she is going to forgive you just like that? It is a rose for gods shakes! I should say 'I am sorry'...its honest, its sincere, she WILL have to hear me out then! Oh, I wish I was ten, riding my bike, again...then all I had to do is look somebody in the eye and they would forgive me just for being...ten!"

Without realising it...his is the next stop. He clumsily grabs the white rose, comes off the bus and replays the dialogue in his head. She is there, out in the garden, with her plants, wearing her big, silly hat...

"I'm sorry, mum! I know it's been a long time but...I' ve been bussy and...this is for you..."

shabby girl said...

She said yes! I can't believe it! A date with her! My heart is pounding and my hands are sweaty.

I've been watching her around school for so long, her long hair swinging as she turns to talk to someone else. I've watched her cat-like body swerve as she leans in to purr a secret to her best friend.
Maybe the next secret will be about me.

Crafty Green Poet said...

this bus has been stuck her for so long, hey i wonder if i could ask one of those kids if i could borrow a bike, i'd get there quicker that way i think...

Heather said...

Such sweet gesture, to give to me this one rose. If only I am able to go to ride that bicycle with her. I do love that little girl, but she cannot come home with me. They will not accept her here. I wonder, was it a mistake to love her mother? No, it could not have been. If only my life could be different, my future with my daughter in it. If only I could be the father to her that I desire to be. If only....

Unknown said...

There he is again! I pass him every day on the way to class, sitting on that same block under that tree, studying away. I wonder, if he looked up, if he could see me looking back at him...

~*It seems he looked straight at me and my heart sunk. He's standing up, tossing his bag over his shoulder. He's coming this way! I'll avert my eyes so he doesn't know I was watching him. Is he coming to the bus? He just got on. Oh my God, he's looking at me. Here he comes, just stay natural. A small smile to him is more than enough, and he sits next to me. Giving him this rose says everything that I cannot. The look in his eyes tell me that he feels the same way, and is not ashamed. Together we won't care what others think when they see us holding hands, or when we kiss goodnight, or...*~

The bus is moving again. He's still out there, engrossed in his text book. I shake my head, look down at the rose in my lap, and chuckle at myself. When will I get the courage to stop daydreaming and just do it?

I sigh. Maybe tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

The surprise of actually arriving made him immune- at least temporairily- to the dramatic changes. It wasn't until he glanced at a sign out the bus window that he realized- he couldn't communicate with these people. A translation book was in his pack but that was going to be difficult. All he had to direct him was an address, that maybe wasn't even right, and the silk rose she'd made.
Sure, he looked like them. But they all knew they were nothing alike.

SSQuo said...

Jee Yong took fifteen steps

Jee Yong saw the rose stuck in the hole on the little puppy’s collar

Jee Yong knew the puppy was uncomfortable

Jee Yong walked up to the puppy and removed the rose

The puppy scooted off only to picked up by a little boy, and dumped into the basket in the front of his bicycle

Jee Yong stepped into the bus, home was 18 minutes away

Jee Yong took his seat, and looked out the window

‘Vroommmmmm!’