This blog is for all who desire to create with words and images.
You are encouraged to participate in any way that is meaningful to you.

~
All prompts beneath the photos are only suggestions.
You are free to use the photo to be inspired to write any way you desire.
~
There is no deadline on posting,
you may offer your writing to any prompt anytime.
~
Write and you are a writer.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Dog-crostic

Photo by Colleen
Visit her wonderful blog Fingers and Paws
~
Suggested prompt...
~
Think of a word that goes with dog... loyal, playful, friend... any word you like.
Now create an acrostic poem using your doggy word.



____________

DOGGONE IT

Don't worry - I'll always be your friend

One day you'll appreciate the fact I bark at strangers

Goody, goody - it's time to play tag

Gosh - I'm hungry again

Only you can make my leg shake that special way

Next time, I'll try not to slopper on the ball

Excellent - it's kibble time

I really am woman's best frieng

Till next time

~
Bobbi

Oh... you guys created some wonderfully fun poetry for this one. I loved every one of them. ~ Laura Jayne

One week after the photo or picture is posted I will pick one offering to put beneath the image. This is a way of celebrating exceptional creativity. Any and all posts are available for your creative mind to make an offering at any time (even ones where a writing has been placed on the front page like this one). If you are new here and want to offer to every image here, feel free. We are writers, WRITE! If this is your exceptional writing posted here on the Front Page Pictures, Poetry & Prose invites you to include the Exceptional Writing Award Button on your blog. Visit the Exceptional Writing Award post for the details and the button to download.

13 comments:

Henry the Dog said...

Shaggy, happy, smelly, sloppy, dribbly, sniffy, snuffly, lovely, waggy:):):)

CDB said...

Soulful
and appeasing
Dying to be
Pleasing
Please, toddler,
Stop teasing
I really want to rest.

To avoid all the
Wheezing
And cold outside
(It's FREEZING)
Carpe Diem, my
Seizing
Gazing up: you're the best.

CDB said...

LJ: I totally missed the prompt instructions, mea culpa. I will work on posting acrostic-ly later!

Flor Larios Art said...

Love the photo...the dog is looking straight at the camera...
I am not a good writer...no poem from me :(

septembermom said...

CHILLY NOSE

Cool cheek kiss in the morning
Happily jumping for the leash
I know, I know, you're ready to go
Lead me where you may
Love those early morning sniffs
You almost done?

Neighbor's dog approaching
Oh no, a barking "showdown"
Strolling quickly back home
Every day, a doggy adventure!

Unknown said...

DOGGONE IT

Don't worry - I'll always be your friend

One day you'll appreciate the fact I bark at strangers

Goody, goody - it's time to play tag

Gosh - I'm hungry again

Only you can make my leg shake that special way

Next time, I'll try not to slopper on the ball

Excellent - it's kibble time

I really am woman's best frieng

Till next time

~ Denise ~ said...

EMPTY NEST BABY

Eager
Mushy
Puppy
Tug'o'war
Yelp'er

Newton
Eater
Sweet
Trimmed

Bearded
Aware
Best
Yawner

morganna said...

FAITHFUL
Friendly and happy,
A dog will be there for you,
In good times and bad.
Trustworthy and
Humble, the dog gives his
Fealty to his companion,
Uncomplaining and
Loyal to the end.

Faith said...

LONELY

Left in an alley
On a cold, rainy day.
No words spoken,
Even by the crying boy.
Looking for a home.
YES, I'll be good with your kids.

_we_the_pieces_ said...

What a cutie

Wags of a small tail
Happy to see you
Always brings a smile
To your face

Always

Completely understanding
Unbelievably sweet
To you and everyone
In every way
Exceptionally wonderful

Heather said...

My girl is so Intuitive to her Momma...

Impatiently awaits my response
Nudging my arm for a purpose
Thoughtfully considers my feelings
Understanding beyond comprehension
Inseparable to me in my worry
Tenderly remaining faithful
Impulsive to seek my attention
Vivaciously returns my love
Enduring my pain…just because

Dani said...

Chocolate Eyes

coming
home to
one pup with
chocolate eyes
oh, the loves,
licks, and kisses
ah, the cuddles
true love
eyes of devotion

eyes so trusting
yet protecting
eyes that as they gaze at me
say "i love you"

Unknown said...

People chase love
But love chases its tail
And the best friend you'll ever have is loyal without fail.

Love is simple
It's that feeling you find
When you can't imagine life without this friend by your side.

It's mutual
Beautiful and it's true
When that very same friend feels the same way about you.