This blog is for all who desire to create with words and images.
You are encouraged to participate in any way that is meaningful to you.

~
All prompts beneath the photos are only suggestions.
You are free to use the photo to be inspired to write any way you desire.
~
There is no deadline on posting,
you may offer your writing to any prompt anytime.
~
Write and you are a writer.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pensive Bride

Photo by AnnaReflects
Visit her blog at - The Writer Today (http://www.thewritertoday.com/)
~
Suggested prompt...
~
Consider what she is thinking in this moment.
Use that creatively to offer a poem or short story today.



____________________

The lovely bride with everything so perfect. The perfect dress and veil. Hair and makeup. Palm tree setting. Perfect weather. The handsome groom who loved her more than she could have ever dreamed possible.

Tom loved her for who she was. She didn't have to be anyone else with him. He had loved her from the very first moment. She could never do wrong in Tom's eyes.

But today was all wrong. Lisa was about to walk down the aisle to marry the man who would be with her forever. But she didn't love him. She tried so hard to love him as he deserved to be loved.

Instead, she loved a coworker. Married with a family, Phil was her former lover. He had called it off once Tom proposed. He had made Lisa say Yes. His wife helped Lisa plan the wedding. And all the while, Lisa wanted Phil. She would always want him. She would always love him. She loved him for so many reasons.

She couldn't walk down the aisle. She shouldn't walk down the aisle. But if she walked down the aisle, would that make Phil and Lisa on the same page? Would they be able to resume their relationship? Both on equal ground, both married. Would he take her back? Would he love her again? He didn't want her now, but ....

Only one way to find out. The violins are playing. The doors open, and she takes her first step.

~
Faith

One week after the photo or picture is posted I will pick one offering to put beneath the image. This is a way of celebrating exceptional creativity. Any and all posts are available for your creative mind to make an offering at any time (even ones where a writing has been placed on the front page like this one). If you are new here and want to offer to every image here, feel free. We are writers, WRITE! If this is your exceptional writing posted here on the Front Page Pictures, Poetry & Prose invites you to include the Exceptional Writing Award Button on your blog. Visit the Exceptional Writing Award post for the details and the button to download.

15 comments:

a girl said...

Today is my day
I am waiting
Waiting
I feel like I have waited for a lifetime for this event to occur
No second thoughts here
I am dressed so beautifully
But waiting still for my family and friend to get to the spot that I am at
I am watching them unload the gifts
I look
I watch
In my thoughts, don't break the china I want to say
But instead I watching in dismay
I have waited for this day since I was a little girl
Today is my day
I am finally here

morganna said...

I cannot believe
We're actually getting married
I'm so excited
So nervous
I can't do this
How can I commit to
One man,
One love,
For the rest of my life?
It's amazing,
Shocking,
I cannot believe
He actually loves me
But he does and
I love him.
I can do this.

Dani said...

I'm so mad at him
He didn't show
Again

This was his last chance
I'm moving on now
It's over
Really

Wait...is that him?
Oh, my heart
Why does
it do
that
...
every
...
time

*sigh*

Ok, ok...let's reschedule again...

Anonymous said...

Even the happiest moment can be marred by disappointments, unfulfilled expectations.

Here I am, in the middle of all my wedding guests.
Everybody is smiling around me, excited, celebrating.
And myself?

I am tired, tired of waiting, waiting for my husband, even on my wedding day.
Everybody else seems more important to him.
Will it always be like that?

I feel lonely, in the middle of the crowd, despite being one of the kingpins of the day.
Everybody seems to be here for the fun, to profit from the occasion, but not because they are interested in me as a person.
Will it always be like that?

I feel rejected, by my new family, before I even started belonging. Everybody looks down on me because I am not their social equal.
Will it always be like that?

And I thought marriage would change all that.

septembermom said...

If he says "smile" one more time, I think I'll deck him with my bouquet. How many bride pictures does this guy need? My feet hurt in these tight shoes. My mother keeps nagging about every little thing. I wish we would have eloped in Hawaii. No fuss, just us.

Ana - The Writer Today said...

One last look around as a single woman.
What will my new marriage bring?
I won't be alone anymore.
I will have a partner,friend,lover
I feel calm, no regrets.
I can't believe the day has come.
Let me get in this limo for my future husband awaits.

Anonymous said...

Wow Malianta.. You just totally described my marriage lol. How depressing..

Faith said...

The lovely bride with everything so perfect. The perfect dress and veil. Hair and makeup. Palm tree setting. Perfect weather. The handsome groom who loved her more than she could have ever dreamed possible.

Tom loved her for who she was. She didn't have to be anyone else with him. He had loved her from the very first moment. She could never do wrong in Tom's eyes.

But today was all wrong. Lisa was about to walk down the aisle to marry the man who would be with her forever. But she didn't love him. She tried so hard to love him as he deserved to be loved.

Instead, she loved a coworker. Married with a family, Phil was her former lover. He had called it off once Tom proposed. He had made Lisa say Yes. His wife helped Lisa plan the wedding. And all the while, Lisa wanted Phil. She would always want him. She would always love him. She loved him for so many reasons.

She couldn't walk down the aisle. She shouldn't walk down the aisle. But if she walked down the aisle, would that make Phil and Lisa on the same page? Would they be able to resume their relationship? Both on equal ground, both married. Would he take her back? Would he love her again? He didn't want her now, but ....

Only one way to find out. The violins are playing. The doors open, and she takes her first step.

Anonymous said...

"Hrrm. I hope this picture doesn't end up on the internet."

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

As I look at this picture, it reminds me of the feelings I felt that day...right after we pledged our lives as one. I was thinking of what our friend had just told me about the night before.

I was at home, anticipating the next day and preparing for our reception. All of the details, blowing up the balloons, making sure everything was just right for the next day; thinking that he was enjoying the evening with his parents. Now, I am told otherwise.
Just after we were married, upon walking to out the doors of the church, we’re stopped by his friend and he asks my husband how he got home last night.

He stopped to talk with him for a moment and I continued with the girls to the limo. As I stood there, I was thinking, "Could it be true? I trust him completely, we've been together long enough to know him better than this. We need to talk."

I was watching him walk toward me, laughing with the guys and smiling at me. He must have seen this look on my face, he must be sure that I'll ask him more about it.

He enters the limo and begins telling me that he did go out last night, that his father brought him to the bar and left him there. He did stay with his friend until his friend left him and that "she" gave him a ride home later. Nothing happened; she was just there at the right time to safely bring him home.

It hurts, to hear these words coming from his lips. It wasn't that I didn't trust what he was saying to me but that he kept if from me. It was as if we began our marriage with a secret division. It makes me wonder what else he has kept from me.

He tells me that he wanted this day to be perfect for me, that he wasn't keeping it hidden but was waiting to tell me. When? Yes, I was annoyed, hurt and angry but I forgave him because I knew in my heart that he was not lying.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,
I am so sorry to hear that my invented story is your real story. It's one think to imagine it, it's another to live it. Mali-Anta

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! While planning can be stressful, it's important to prioritize your health, especially with chronic viral bronchitis . Don't hesitate to speak with your healthcare provider about managing symptoms and taking precautions to prevent exacerbations. Wishing you a beautiful and healthy wedding day!

Micheal george said...

The topic of Pensive Bride resonates with many brides-to-be who are about to embark on a new chapter in their lives. However, it's important to prioritize your academic goals as well. Onlineassignmenthelp is a great resource for students who need assistance balancing their studies and wedding preparations.

Mahira Jameel said...

The "Pensive Bride" is a breathtaking theme for a wedding. I can only imagine how stunning the new lawn collection 2023 would look on a bride in such a contemplative mood. It's exciting to think about the new designs and styles that will be available for the upcoming wedding season.