This blog is for all who desire to create with words and images.
You are encouraged to participate in any way that is meaningful to you.

~
All prompts beneath the photos are only suggestions.
You are free to use the photo to be inspired to write any way you desire.
~
There is no deadline on posting,
you may offer your writing to any prompt anytime.
~
Write and you are a writer.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rabbit

~
Suggested prompt...
~
One of my favorite books as a young reader was Watership Down.
Write a story of rabbits today... keep them wild or tame... but get creative.



___________________

"Listen, I just have to tell you what I heard while I was coming out the tunnel."

"Oh? Who? What? Tell all, now, I am agog!"

Well, you know that young cottontail that showed up last week? She has been flirting her tail around at all the males and she enticed young Buckrabbit to make a raid on the McGregor Patch."

"No! and then what happened?"

"Well, you'd hardly believe it if I told you but, ..........

~ healingmagichands

One week after the photo or picture is posted I will pick one offering to put beneath the image. This is a way of celebrating exceptional creativity. Any and all posts are available for your creative mind to make an offering at any time (even ones where a writing has been placed on the front page like this one). If you are new here and want to offer to every image here, feel free. We are writers, WRITE! If this is your exceptional writing posted here on the Front Page Pictures, Poetry & Prose invites you to include the Exceptional Writing Award Button on your blog. Visit the Exceptional Writing Award post for the details and the button to download.

8 comments:

morganna said...

I wanted a rabbit when I was little. This was before 4-H redesigned itself to make itself more available for urban kids, and to join 4-H you had to take care of a farm animal. I desperately wanted to join 4-H. Living in suburbia, I knew that anything but horses or rabbits was out of the question. You can't board a cow or chickens. Chickens were not allowed by our town. Besides, we had a cat who hunted. I knew chickens would last about a minute. I really wanted a horse. Lots of my friends had one, and boarded it at a farm. But my mother said that would be too expensive. I briefly considered a Shetland pony in the backyard, but I knew, really, that if the town didn't allow chickens, then ponies were right out. So I hit on the idea of rabbits. I could just see them, soft and furry in my arms, munching on salad fixings in sturdy, cozy cages I would build myself (despite my lack of mechanical ability). But my mother said the cat would get them. She said, remember the gerbil. I remembered, so no rabbit, and no 4-H.

Dani said...

When I was young I owned a white rabbit with light brown spots- and so did my sister. They would get out of their cages all the time and we'd have to catch them. Mine would thump it's foot on the ground really hard whenever we were getting close to catching it- so I named him Thumper- it was awesome! But once the cats got him when he'd gotten out. It was so sad and my sister rode her bike all the way to the people down the street to get me another bunny because she felt so bad for me. He was gray and had floppy ears. I still missed Thumper, but it was touching that my sister cared that much for my happiness to do that for me. :)

Crafty Green Poet said...

I had a rabbit for five years, the most adorable fluffy little black and white rabbit. She was incredibly affectionate and intelligent and i miss her lots. Currently I work at a city farm where there are lots of rabbits (see my latest blog post for a photo of two of them). i also see wild rabbits in a different light now, they've so much more character now that I know them as friends....

Unknown said...

My post was too long, so here is the link: My Muse and Me

healingmagichands said...

"Listen, I just have to tell you what I heard while I was coming out the tunnel."

"Oh? Who? What? Tell all, now, I am agog!"

Well, you know that young cottontail that showed up last week? She has been flirting her tail around at all the males and she enticed young Buckrabbit to make a raid on the McGregor Patch."

"No! and then what happened?"

"Well, you'd hardly believe it if I told you but, ..........

shabby girl said...

What a great picture! Seems so fitting, rabbits, lush, dew-kissed grasses, and bushes to hide in when necessary.

Faith said...

Sure, she'd seen rabbits and bunnies in picture books, in movies. But the little girl from the big city had never seen any real live bunnies in person.

That is, until she went to visit her grandma. Grandma lived in the country, had a lot of land, and some of that land was left unmowed, clover growing freely. And more importantly, Grandma had the only house in the area without any cats or dogs.

Abby couldn't believe it when Grandma called to her to come to the back yard. Quietly.

She walked around the corner of the house and saw them. Two big rabbits and four tiny bunnies. They were slowly hopping around, looking for food.

Bunnies! Their fluffy white tails standing out against their brown/grey fur and the green grass.

Abby had never been so excited .... or so quiet. The smile on the city girl's face that day, and every time she retold the story, reminded everyone to stop and enjoy the simple things in life.

Heather said...

Looks to me like there is a place, a very special place of freedom for the bunnies lost souls...bunny heaven.