This blog is for all who desire to create with words and images.
You are encouraged to participate in any way that is meaningful to you.
Each day a photo or picture or possibly a quote will be posted. You are invited to use that image to create a poem, an essay, a short story, a rant, a lullaby, a song... anything you are moved to share. You are encouraged not to merely comment on the picture, as it is there to inspire your creativity. You will post your writing by clicking on comments and adding your offering. If you post as anonymous please finish your post with a pen name. There is a limit to the words that Blogger will allow so please keep posts to under 600 words (I have yet to find an exact guideline for this number in Blogger's help menu, but in testing that seems to work). If you need to go longer, and you may, you may make additional comments linking them with a Continued tag starting the additional comment post.
I encourage you to write in your own word processing program and save your words on your computer first and then copy and paste them into the comment box. Nothing is more frustrating than writing for a long bit of time and pressing submit and losing your words to cyberspace.
One week after the photo or picture is posted I will pick one offering to put beneath the image. This is not a contest, but a way of celebrating exceptional creativity. By submitting your writing in the comment area you have given me permission to add your writing to the front page of my blog.
You might be asking...
- May I comment on other people's writings as they are offered? Yes, you may. Please use this @______ (fill in appropriate name) so that all are aware who you are offering your comment to. Also please be respectful and appropriate with your words. Any flaming, ugliness or rudeness as determined by me will simply be deleted.
- May I submit my own image(s) for consideration of a daily inspirational post? Yes, I encourage you to do so. I am seeking photos and art for the site. (365 days in a year... need images to sustain this project, dont be shy,.) You may email any photo or scan you desire me to consider to email@example.com. If you have a website or blog where they are available for me to download you can email me the URL with any appropriate information. By submitting to me an image you are giving me permission to use it indefinitely on this blog, indicating it is yours to offer and that you have the permission of any recognizable people in any photograph to submit that photograph to me. I make no promise that every image offered will be used, but will consider them all carefully. When submitting a photo or picture, let me know what, if any, the title of the image is, any details you think are relevant, and the name you would like me to use to credit you with the image and if you have a blog or website you would like linked make sure and let me know. I.E. Dear Laura Jayne, Here is a photo I took at the Grand Canyon. I titled it Majestic Gorge. I would like you to post it under the name - Mighty Traveler. My blog is www.mightytraveler.com. Thank you, Bob.
- May I write or offer something that is adult in nature? I am not here to censor ideas or thoughts, but it is my desire to keep this blog available to all who care to visit. So, if you would be willing to sit in a coffee shop and share out loud your story, rant, essay, photo, picture, poem with the general public gathered there... that is a guideline for you to consider. I reserve the right to at any time delete any offering to this blog should I deem it inappropriate.
- May I use my writing offered here on my own blog? Yes, of course you may, but I do ask if you are inspired to write that you offer it first here and then cross post onto your blog and feel free to link.
- May I add the Pictures, Poetry & Prose blog to my blogroll? Yes, please do. Use this link for a simple links list - http://picturespoetryprose.blogspot.com/ . Use this link for an updating roll http://picturespoetryprose.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default . Please let me know you added my site to your list and I will be thrilled to do the same for your site.
- May I offer my writing on past posts? Yes, you may, in fact it is encouraged. Any and all posts are available for your creative mind to make an offering at any time. If you are new here and want to offer to every image here, feel free. We are writers, WRITE!
- May I add a link to a comment back to my blog? Sure, if it is relevent you may of course offer a link back to your blog or a news story or something else of interest tied to what you are writing. However, posts that are simply there to advertise another site the comment will be deleted.
- I see you have a Five Minute timer, may I ignore it? Yes, be creative in whatever way works for you.
- Some/Many of the images have prompts or suggestions, may I ignore those? Of course, as stated previously... This blog is for all who desire to create with words and images. You are encouraged to participate in any way that is meaningful to you.
If you have any other questions please email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.