This blog is for all who desire to create with words and images.
You are encouraged to participate in any way that is meaningful to you.

~
All prompts beneath the photos are only suggestions.
You are free to use the photo to be inspired to write any way you desire.
~
There is no deadline on posting,
you may offer your writing to any prompt anytime.
~
Write and you are a writer.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Horizons

Photo by
S. Kay Murphy
Kay's Pen
~
Suggested prompt...
~
Walk down this path on the moutain's top edge,
look out at the horizons all around you. Write of what you see.



________________________________

As I am standing at this crossroads, I look to my left and I see endless possibilities, a landscape stretching out as far as I can see. A familiar sight to me, less risk and more of a chance to succeed in my quest. As I look to the right, I see the unending expanse of the oceans. For me an unfamiliar challenge. More risk, less of a chance to fulfill my dreams. However if I take the ocean as my new path, I will see wonders I have never seen, leading me to new, uncharted waters, new relationships, new life experiences. My path taken at this crossroads will be to the right...looking for oceans end...more risk but a much deeper, rewarding renewal of spirit. I'll write and let you know what I find.

~ Dan Felstead




One week after the photo or picture is posted I will pick one offering to put beneath the image. This is a way of celebrating exceptional creativity. Any and all posts are available for your creative mind to make an offering at any time (even ones where a writing has been placed on the front page like this one). If you are new here and want to offer to every image here, feel free. We are writers, WRITE! If this is your exceptional writing posted here on the Front Page Pictures, Poetry & Prose invites you to include the Exceptional Writing Award Button on your blog. Visit the
Exceptional Writing Award post for the details and the button to download.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

It's not a fear of heights
of falling
of dying.

It's the fear of temptation
the calling
to jump.

Dan Felstead said...

As I am standing at this crossroads, I look to my left and I see endless possibilities, a landscape stretching out as far as I can see. A familiar sight to me, less risk and more of a chance to succeed in my quest. As I look to the right, I see the unending expanse of the oceans. For me an unfamiliar challenge. More risk, less of a chance to fulfill my dreams. However if I take the ocean as my new path, I will see wonders I have never seen, leading me to new, uncharted waters, new relationships, new life experiences. My path taken at this crossroads will be to the right...looking for oceans end...more risk but a much deeper, rewarding renewal of spirit. I'll write and let you know what I find.

Dan

Jessica said...

As I stand on the edge, I’m in awe of the world below me. I see the earth rising and falling in its reach to the horizon. I notice the little houses tucked in safe below. The wind nips at my hair as I breathe in the pure air. I look up at the birds flying by and realize how close I am to the heavens. I take a seat on the mountain. I’m not ready to go just yet. I just want to sit awhile and take it all in.

Anonymous said...

breathe in, breathe out; touch
the sky; discover my name -
lend it to the wind.

Laura Jayne said...

Sarah... I really like this the two stanzas work perfectly together and I know that feeling exactly.

Dan... your writing was so beautiful today. That feeling of pending change of needing to decide was well woven with your words.

Jessica... That line... "I'm not ready to go just yet." has such power in this piece. Beautiful.

tammy... Welcome to PP&P. And what a incredible offering. I have read your words four times now, they just are amazingly wonderful.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I am in all this beauty and love all I see but yet there is the rushing by of everything in the corner of my eye as i skirt the precipice and vertigo results

shabby girl said...

Dan, you are right on! I had intended on writing about where I used to live in CA when I saw this prompt. On one side of the mountain was Silicon Valley, more money, more people, better job opportunity. On the other side of the mountain is the ocean, the free spirit, the uncharted wonder. I choose the ocean every single time!

Anonymous said...

Its an island gateway of two worlds, land and air. Lush, hardy plants that thrive the year round. Loose soil off the beaten path may be a quicker than the hike down, but I don't intend to find out anytime soon. I want to stay and gaze at those distant peaks, and wonder if there's some one sitting on them, wondering at my gateway island. Do you know I'm here?

_we_the_pieces_ said...

Right foot, left foot. She walked forward, head held high.
Breathe in, breathe out. The intake of the clean air refreshed her foggy mind.
Green grass, rocky dirt. The choice of which side to fall on consumed her mind.
Fall hard, fall soft. She couldn't pick.
Back again, straight ahead. To live in the past, or look to the future, she pondered.

Anonymous said...

i see life
spreading onward & outward
stretching till forever
lives across the world connected
as they would never imagine
the world is all one
we are so much closer than we think

healingmagichands said...

I look out down the long path atop the ridge and see no pure air, only orange tan brown smog rising from the scar of the freeway etched across the distant slope spangled with glittering windshields, each protecting one occupant of the beetling moaning honking roaring autoMOBiles and my heart aches and I cry out warning, alarm, wakeup! but my voice is too faint and I stand alone on the heights, too far away for my unamplified words to reach those isolated commuters.