Art by writingreading
visit Writing, Reading & Reflections for more of her work.
Offer writing today that share a bit your thoughts
about theres uncertain economic times.
Do so creatively perhaps in a poem, or a short story
or an essay about your thoughts and feelings.
Being in this spot on the graph may not be all bad, at least for me. I'm reminded from this position that
1. Life is about change (for the good, for the neutral, for the not so good).
2. From this vantage point on the down slope, I can see where I've been and where I might be headed. Might. I'm hopeful that we can shift this curve from the course already plotted.
3. I'm grateful for the opportunity this position gives me to take ownership of my part in this financial mess. Surely most of us have contributed in some way, others in larger ways.
4. I'm also grateful to be reminded that I cannot take luxuries for granted, that they have a price tag. I'm reminded that I need to make thoughtful choices every day about what I purchase, what I can afford, what are needs and what are wants. This cannot be anything but a blessing in my life.
5. I've learned that I can live happily with much less; that comfort is less about things and more about experiences (and not just wildly expensive experiences like some types of travel). I have not purchased anything I don't really need for the last month and it has been easy. I've also turned down the heat and worn more clothes inside the house to keep warm.
6. Let's stand in this place on the down slope and remember why we are here and what things we can do to turn this around. Each person. Each day. Each decision. It all matters.
One week after the photo or picture is posted I will pick one offering to put beneath the image. This is a way of celebrating exceptional creativity. Any and all posts are available for your creative mind to make an offering at any time (even ones where a writing has been placed on the front page like this one). If you are new here and want to offer to every image here, feel free. We are writers, WRITE! If this is your exceptional writing posted here on the Front Page Pictures, Poetry & Prose invites you to include the Exceptional Writing Award Button on your blog. Visit the Exceptional Writing Award post for the details and the button to download.