This blog is for all who desire to create with words and images.
You are encouraged to participate in any way that is meaningful to you.

~
All prompts beneath the photos are only suggestions.
You are free to use the photo to be inspired to write any way you desire.
~
There is no deadline on posting,
you may offer your writing to any prompt anytime.
~
Write and you are a writer.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

L - Sunday's Alphabet Prompt

L is for Love
~
Suggested prompt...
~
Write a love letter or love poem that you wish you would have gotten.
All prompts beneath the photos are only suggestions.
You are free to use the photo to be inspired to write any way you desire.



______________________________

Dear Paul,

You know that thing you should do? Don't worry about it. It's done. And that thing you should have done but didn't. Forget about it, it wasn't that important really. Oh, and all the other things that you never got round to-like saying I love you? Ah, who cares. It's enough that you're here. Sometimes.

With Love,
X

~
Paul Brazill


There were some great offerings to this unique take on a love letter, but Paul's made me laugh and think. It is probably a letter a lot of men want to get. Ok... off to write Hubby's Valentines card now.


One week after the photo or picture is posted I will pick one offering to put beneath the image. This is a way of celebrating exceptional creativity. Any and all posts are available for your creative mind to make an offering at any time (even ones where a writing has been placed on the front page like this one). If you are new here and want to offer to every image here, feel free. We are writers, WRITE! If this is your exceptional writing posted here on the Front Page Pictures, Poetry & Prose invites you to include the Exceptional Writing Award Button on your blog. Visit the
Exceptional Writing Award post for the details and the button to download.

9 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Dear Paul, You know that thing you should do? Don't worry about it. It's done. And that thing you should have done but didn't. Forget about it, it wasn't that important really. Oh, and all the other things that you never got round to-like saying I love you? Ah, who cares. It's enough that you're here. Sometimes.With Love X

Sullivan McPig said...

Dear Sullivan,
No other pig can compare to you.
I love your soft, pink snout and adore your curly tail.
Lets watch a scary movie together and when it gets to the scary part can I cuddle close to you?

Anonymous said...

Dear Ink,
Here's a candy heart for every day we couldn't be together.

More to come
<3

_we_the_pieces_ said...

Dear Molly,
Just know that I never liked her at all.
I just wanted you to know.
I love you.
More than anything.

Very much love,
*****

~ Denise ~ said...

My love,

I've waited to love you for a long time.

I have been praying for you since I was teenager even though I didn't know your name yet. I prayed for you, my future mate, that you would be a nurturing parent and a devoted and committed spouse. I asked for you to be a person that I would continue to fall in love with through all of life's transitions.

I prayed for you to love me.

And, God graciously answered my prayers with you.

I love you,
me.

gwenlyn said...

Dear Blanche,
You are the best love letter writer I know; I am lucky. Your words hold much goodness and I save each and everyone!
love, Madge

Anonymous said...

"Her chin trembles Up Down Front Back Left Right,
But I don't lose track.

A mouthful of fiberglass and bleach behind my eyes,
But I'm too devoted to this gasping, screaming chin to care.

I want to part her eyelashes and stop these tears,
But only after I calm this poor, little chin."

Today my boyfriend wrote this.
I wish he hadn't.
He's making it so hard to leave.

Anonymous said...

i love you so much that
i hope you die before me
not selfishly
but to keep from you the pain of separation of loved ones
that i know would hurt me more than death ever could
but i would swallow the pain comforted
that at least you were spared

SSQuo said...

All of these were lovely.
Anon 2, that was really something...very nice.