This blog is for all who desire to create with words and images.
You are encouraged to participate in any way that is meaningful to you.

~
All prompts beneath the photos are only suggestions.
You are free to use the photo to be inspired to write any way you desire.
~
There is no deadline on posting,
you may offer your writing to any prompt anytime.
~
Write and you are a writer.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Line Up

Photo by C. John Edwards his blogs are -
~
Suggested prompt...
~
Use this wonderful photograph in any creative way you are inspired for today's writing.



____________________

It gets boring on the ranch for us cows. Bert, a Herford-Angus from the North pasture, a real kidder, wanted to give us cows something to look forward to.

We've been working hard over the past year, in all kinds of weather. If you were watching us on video right now, you'd see how nervous we are.

Welcome to the First Annual Winklebean Ranch Rockettes!

(applause)

June Freaking Cleaver



One week after the photo or picture is posted I will pick one offering to put beneath the image. This is a way of celebrating exceptional creativity. Any and all posts are available for your creative mind to make an offering at any time (even ones where a writing has been placed on the front page like this one). If you are new here and want to offer to every image here, feel free. We are writers, WRITE! If this is your exceptional writing posted here on the Front Page Pictures, Poetry & Prose invites you to include the Exceptional Writing Award Button on your blog. Visit the Exceptional Writing Award post for the details and the button to download.

7 comments:

Don said...

CJ is a sport!

Anyone whose read his blogs know that CJ is unique.

He loves words.

He loves plants.

He loves animals.

He loves people.

Like the brown specimen in this picture, CJ has surveyed his fellows and determined, "Biologically speaking, I believe I'm a sport!"

And we, his readers, are glad.

Here's to CJ!

My life is enriched, because you are in it!

(Here's some help from Dictionary.com -- Sport: Biology. an organism or part that shows an unusual or singular deviation from the normal or parent type; mutation

Charles Wallace, a main character in A Wrinkle in Time was called a sport. Now that's keeping good company!)

Dani said...

They usually don't pay attention at all. They're usually far away and never notice my presence. But today as I moved along the grass I caught their eyes. Slowly each one gathered closer and closer, watching my every move with curiosity and almost wonder. How amazing could I be? I'm just a normal human being. What could I be doing that causes such content interest? I sit down on a rock then and watch them back, unfolding my napkin and sandwich. They're lined up perfectly before me. Immovable. Seems they're almost afraid to look away. Then the one in the center turns to her neighbor and I swear I hear her say the words:

"Do you think she's going to share or should we go on to plan B?"

christine said...

Do they know I've got roast beef in my sandwiches?

Kim Lehnhoff said...

It gets boring on the ranch for us cows. Bert, a Herford-Angus from the North pasture, a real kidder, wanted to give us cows something to look forward to.

We've been working hard over the past year, in all kinds of weather. If you were watching us on video right now, you'd see how nervous we are.

Welcome to the First Annual Winklebean Ranch Rockettes!

(applause)

Unknown said...

Can you see inside?
Are they opening the store?
I want my SIMS 3!!

shabby girl said...

I just LOVE this photo! They just look so sweet! The 5th one down is caught talking in class!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Thanks so much for selecting my entry...all them were good, I can't imagine picking one...and never figured it would be mine!