This blog is for all who desire to create with words and images.
You are encouraged to participate in any way that is meaningful to you.

~
All prompts beneath the photos are only suggestions.
You are free to use the photo to be inspired to write any way you desire.
~
There is no deadline on posting,
you may offer your writing to any prompt anytime.
~
Write and you are a writer.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Sittin' on the Dock

Photo by Sabrina
Visit her blog - Nouns Make Verbs
~
Suggested prompt...
~
Offer your writing for this image from
the point of view of one of the kids sitting here.



_______________________

This has always been one of my favorite childhood picture. Aunt Joyce took the picture of the four girl cousins: the two older and the two younger. That's me on the far right -- the youngest.

We were at Big Bear Lake enjoying the sun in our cutoffs and shorts.

But what makes this picture my favorite is that Cousin Candy is wearing the friendship bracelet I made her at camp. (She's on the far left.)

It was the first time in my life that I felt included, valued, and loved by the older cousins.

That week changed my life, and this picture is proof of my arrival into the society of the girl cousins. I mattered.

Don

One week after the photo or picture is posted I will pick one offering to put beneath the image. This is a way of celebrating exceptional creativity. Any and all posts are available for your creative mind to make an offering at any time (even ones where a writing has been placed on the front page like this one). If you are new here and want to offer to every image here, feel free. We are writers, WRITE! If this is your exceptional writing posted here on the Front Page Pictures, Poetry & Prose invites you to include the Exceptional Writing Award Button on your blog. Visit the Exceptional Writing Award post for the details and the button to download.

8 comments:

Merriam said...

This blog looks fantastic! I found the link on One Minute Writer. I guess C. Beth has great taste!

Merriam said...

minnow flicker
minnow flutter
minnow flipper
under ripples

DCW said...

What in Summer
goes down to de feet?
There's no more frost
And no more sleet!
Naked legs
Aligned in rows
Sunny ankles
Tingling toes

Merriam said...

In the list of "May I's" you ask readers to let you know when they've added Pictures, Poetry, & Prose to their blogroll, so here I am, letting you know. :)

This really is a wonderful blog.

Don said...

This has always been one of my favorite childhood picture. Aunt Joyce took the picture of the four girl cousins: the two older and the two younger. That's me on the far right -- the youngest.

We were at Big Bear Lake enjoying the sun in our cutoffs and shorts.

But what makes this picture my favorite is that Cousin Candy is wearing the friendship bracelet I made her at camp. (She's on the far left.)

It was the first time in my life that I felt included, valued, and loved by the older cousins.

That week changed my life, and this picture is proof of my arrival into the society of the girl cousins. I mattered.

Heather said...

Some day.
Some day, I'll be big like them.
Some day, I'll talk about big kid stuff too.

But, do you know what I won't do?

Some day.
Some day, I won't be mean like them.
Some day, I won't ignore the little kid, like they do.

But, do you know what I will do?

Some day.
Some day, I will ask the little kid to play.
Some day, I will laugh and run and just have fun, with the little kid.

Some day.

septembermom said...

Who needs a bathing suit? One, two, three...splash! Mom won't be thrilled with my wet clothes when she calls me for church. I guess I might as well do one more lap.

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I'm the oldest, so I get to own a watch. It is a blue Swatch, and it's waterproof. I love it.

Grandma said to wait exactly one hour before going swimming. By my count, we have twelve more minutes to wait.

Why does time go by so slowly when you have something you want to do? It's not fair!

Don't any of you even think about jumping in before the hour is up - I'll tell Grandma!